God is love, the divine source of all. Eros is a fundamental aspect of that divinity.
“Eros is the outrageous love, which moves the sun and the stars, which is the very heart of existence itself.”Marc Gafni – A return to Eros: The radical experience of being fully alive
When Eros flows in a person, out of a person, between people, it becomes a sacrament, a manifestation of divine Eros. Eros is part of what what makes us human and therefore a celebration of both the divine and human in us.
This is my love song to the divine. The light, the dark, the parts where I was confused and the parts where I believe I have touched on truth. It is my questions, and for what it is worth my answers to them.
When we step out in to the blue, aim for the horizon and leave the safe and known behind, when we take a stand to defend the commons then we become pirate theologians (with all the positive, or romanticized aspect of that image, and perhaps unfortunately, sometimes some of the negative).
Our purpose is not confrontation, or to somehow take over the establishment.
No, our purpose is to gather in these wild, lawless islands and live out: a rag-tag but true, lawless but loving, tradition-breaking, but not without tradition, or simply a radically different Christianity that does not actively threaten the normal Christian daily life in any other way than that it exist.
“queer” refers to the erasing or deconstructing of boundaries with respect to these categories of sexuality and gender.
So in the sense of erasing boundaries, deconstructing societal norms of traditional marriage and relationships and sexuality, I am queer. I apply a queer philosophy to life and a queer theology to my spirituality.
“to ‘queer’ something is to turn convention and authority on its head. It is about seeing things in a different light and reclaiming voices and sources”Patrik S. Cheng, “Radical Love”
This has been my practice, both in theology and theopraxi, on my spiritual path and in my everyday life.
This is my personal blog and every now and then I blog about my more geeky projects and fandoms.
To be a geek is to be unashamedly and deeply passionate about something. That is to have a lot of Eros/passion for a subject.
So occasionally I write book reviews. Or write about boardgames, miniature wargaming and Roleplaying games.
There may also be the odd travel journal with diving reports.
And last but not least techno babbel.
- Turning 50 is a divider that cuts through life with the sharpest edge. It calls for contemplation and reflection more than it conjures up visions and dreams of the future. When my father turned 50 he lightheartedly announced that he was now in the “death half” (döhalvan) of life. It is the time when (hopefully) […]
- The catalyst that changes the direction of a persons life can be very differnt depending on who you are, for me it often starts with a thought and from having the thought I would seek out books to learn more and the books would help me to shape or resahpe my reality. This series is […]
- We love, because we are loved. Eros calls to us from the deepest depths of our worldly existance. Built into the very core of reality is the desire for union, the desire to fall back into oneness. To enter into union is to step, naked and vulnerable into the holy of holies, the inner sanctum […]
- I was sitting on my brothers couch in Skarpnäck, Stockholm with him and his wife. As it often does, the polyamoury conversation came up. For once not the usual very intimate probing questions about bedroom activities. Rather the conversation was about emotions, communication and logistics. The conversation allowed me to reflect on the Journey so […]
- People ask me why I bother with the church. Why I bother coming back to christianity at all after all that has happened. I think the truth is, first of all, that I never left. My faith has (although shaken at times) always been an integral part of who I am and why I have […]
- Sodomy and sodomite are two sad words in the english language. The words have been used in the past to describe Homosexual men and their actions. Of course the word actually means “a person from Sodom” and the verb should mean “doing what the people in Sodom did.” So what did the people of Sodom […]
armyguy Bible Books called to be me Christian life church conversation daring greatly desire emotions Faith feminine geeky God grace heaven holiness jesus kingdom LGBTQ life life is my religion love marriage masculine mystery Officership Orders OS pirate theology poly Prayer Process Theology queer queer theology relationships sacred sexuality Salvation Army sex sexuality shame theology Theopoetics truth vulnerability